Founded in 1964, SCORE has 389 chapters nationwide, with 11,500 members. Both working and retired executives and business owners donate their services as business counselors and mentors. Located at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, the local Chapter, Westmoreland SCORE is a nonprofit, volunteer organization, a resource partner with the US Small Business Administration (SBA) and is affiliated with Saint Vincent College. We are dedicated to aiding in the formation, growth and success of small business in Westmoreland and Indiana Counties.
SCORE provides two basic services both to aspiring entrepreneurs and existing small businesses:
- No-fee mentoring and confidential business counseling;
- Low-fee workshops for starting a new business. Westmoreland SCORE has more than 40 members who are seasoned business men and women, and who volunteer their time, knowledge and considerable expertise in the fields of sales, marketing, purchasing, production, engineering, research, medicine, finance, accounting and law to help develop and coach the next generation of entrepreneurs. Last year Westmoreland SCORE:
- Counseled 400 new clients, 164 in person and 236 by e-mail;
- Conducted 1,303 counseling sessions;
- Conducted six workshops for people starting new businesses;
- The six workshops were attended by 116 aspiring entrepreneurs;
- 40 SCORE members volunteered 3,656 hours.
Westmoreland SCORE is located on the campus of Saint Vincent College in Latrobe. Our office is on the ground floor of Aurelius Hall, which is the home of the McKenna Business School, of which SCORE is an integral component. As you approach the main campus from Route 30, turn left and stop at the entrance booth. The guard will direct you to the SCORE office, and where to park.
How to Contact SCORE
Telephone: (724) 539-7505
Fax: (724) 539-1850
Saint Vincent College E-mail: email@example.com
300 Fraser Purchase Road
Latrobe, PA 15650
Visit our Website:
Business mentoring and counseling by SCORE is totally free and completely confidential. A counselor will be selected from among our 40 volunteer members whose skills and expertise most closely match your particular needs. When appropriate, more than one counselor will participate, in team counseling. Your counselors will meet with you as often as needed to provide you the assistance you may require. Counseling normally is done in person, but at times may also be done by telephone or e-mail.
To meet with a SCORE counselor, just phone and ask for a Request for Counseling form, or go to our website, www.scorewestco555.org, and click on Counseling to download the Request for Counseling form, or file it online. If you already have a form, send it to SCORE.
Your SCORE counselors will apply their real-world experience to provide you the assistance you may need, whether it is in starting a new business or with a problem you are having with an existing small business.
Westmoreland SCORE conducts six workshops each year at Saint Vincent College for new entrepreneurs starting their own businesses. A team of experienced business professionals who are business startup specialists presents the workshop, “How to Really Start Your Own Business”.
The workshops last approximately four hours, and cover the following topics, among others:
- Evaluating the Business Idea
- Testing Your Business Idea (Market Research)
- Protecting the Idea • Cash Flow Analysis
- Obtaining Financing
- Business Structures
- The Business Plan
To obtain a workshop schedule and/or a registration form, contact SCORE at (724) 539-7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website westmore.score.org