4 Simple Website Updates for Better Google Results
by Marcie Wolf>
July 11, 2022
Too often a small business owner will publish a website, then they never revisit it. Having a website is not a one-and-done process. The digital world is constantly changing, and your website needs to move and change with it. It’s important to make ongoing changes and updates to your website – for visitors and for Google. You need to make sure your website is working properly, and that it accurately reflects your business today and what you do now. Making updates won’t take that much time. If you just start with these four website updates, you can make a huge difference!
Update your text contentReview the text on your website. Take some time to revisit the old and make it look brand new.
- Do your products and services need to be updated?
- Do you offer something new that you forgot to add to your website?
Check out your competitor's websiteIt's a good idea to check in your competitors to see what they've been up to.
- Did they launch a new and improved website while you weren’t looking?
- Did they add features that should be on your site as well?
Update your keywordsYou want people to find you on a search engine like Google. We type keywords and phrases into search engines to find a business like yours. Keywords come from search queries so make sure you add the most relevant terms to your website content. Now you’re helping Google rank your website pages so they’re found by potential customers and clients. There are two categories of keywords based on length:
- Short keywords: One or two terms (broad topics).
- Long-tail keywords: Typically three or more terms (more specific).
Write some blog postsOne easy way to update your website regularly is to write blog posts. Blogs can be:
- A quick update on business and your staff.
- Announcements of new products and updated services
- Behind the scenes of things at your location.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Marcie Wolf, owner of Abuzz Creative, has almost 25 years of experience in website design, search engine optimization, e-commerce, and local SEO. https://www.abuzzcreative.com