Creating a Non-Profit in Michigan
March 1, 2023
Are you looking for a few quick steps to begin the process of starting a Non-Profit?
We have a list of resources links to help you in SE Michigan.
- Guidance to forming a non-profit - Michigan LARA (Licensing and Regulatory Affairs)
- Michigan Non-Profit Association has several resources to help you get started - https://www.mnaonline.org/resources/how-to-start-a-nonprof
- Michigan Community Resources serves non-profits with legal and organizational development resources - https://mi-community.org/nonprofits
- In addition to State of Michigan non-profit requirements, there are also IRS requirements to obtain Exemption status.
- NOTE: an LLC entity-type will not be able to qualify for IRS 501C3 Exemption status
- Check if you qualify for streamlined IRS exemption including reduced fee by using Form 1023-EZ
SHARE THIS ARTICLE