Get Your Business On the Right Track: Write an Effective Business Plan!!
Whether you're a budding entrepreneur with a groundbreaking idea or a small business owner looking to scale up we're here to lend a helping hand.
SCOREBoard - A new way to grow your business!
SCORE is offering a new way for you to focus the experience of successful business experts on growing your business…and at an affordable cost. We call it SCOREBoard.
- A Personal Advisory Board of Experienced Advisors to Help Tackle a Specific Business Challenge or Opportunity
- An intense, solution-focused, 2-3 hour workshop for the Individual owner or CEO of a small business
- Focused on brainstorming solutions to a specific challenge/opportunity you identify.
- Facilitated by a customized SCORE Team of 3 advisors experienced in your issue.
- Affordable Workshop Admin Fee ($275)
We encourage you to sign up for your own SCOREBoard workshop and gain the insights of your own personal “Board” of experienced mentors in a meeting.Contact Us to Learn More!
Founded in 2017 by three determined women with immigrant backgrounds, the Magic Tooth Bus (MTB) addresses the dental care gap in San Francisco. Recognizing the commuting and scheduling challenges faced by low-income families, MTB brings essential dental services directly to the communities. Even amidst funding hurdles and the Covid-19 pandemic, they persisted, offering virtual oral health webinars and distributing free dental kits. Their Mobile Dental Truck serves as both a clinic and a creative playground, emphasizing culturally competent care for underserved populations. Above all, MTB stands firm on a core belief: Dental health is a human right.
What's happening in November?
Small Business Saturday
Last year SCORE helped clients start 30,453 new small business around the country! Which local small business will you support? Shop small business and make a big impact!View Success Stories
#GivingTuesday is a global movement unleashing the power of radical generosity to transform communities around the world. Support your local small business community & help it thrive by contributing to SCORE.Donate Today
Are you looking to elevate your visual content and engage your audience with eye-catching videos and reels? Look no further than Canva, the versatile design tool that allows you to create professional-quality videos and reels with ease.
Social media can be overwhelming for business owners..... Which platforms? How often to post? What to post? What is "live"? Why Facebook Groups?
This class will give you the basics every business owner should know as well as the latest trends to grow your business.
- how to create a content calendar to sync all your marketing efforts (participants will recieve a complimentary copy of a digital calendar, a $27 value)
- how to choose which platforms make sense for your business
- the right days and times to post on each platform and often to post
- what type of content to post for best
What You Need to Know About Working As (or With) a Contractor
What does sustainability mean for your business?
Why should it be part of your profitable growth strategy?
Did you know:
· Companies don’t need to choose between cutting costs and meeting the growing demands by consumers, retailers and regulators for sustainable products. (Bain & Co.
· Four out of five shoppers want companies to practice sustainable and people-first practices, and Gen-Z is leading the charge. (Forbes)
· Boomers are more likely to identify as environmentally conscious and proactively look for energy-efficient products to purchase…(Forrester)
· Amazon will update
We believe that anyone can start and manage a successful small business. We also know that the road is harder for some than for others. Diverse backgrounds, different voices and unique needs may call for specialized resources and mentoring approaches.
SCORE is listening, recognizes these diverse needs, and provides personalized support in a wholly-inclusive platform called SCORE for All.
Since 1964, SCORE has educated and mentored more than 11 million small business owners and entrepreneurs. We're looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to serve in a variety of roles — from knowledgeable business mentors to local community advocates.
Competing for and retaining top-tier talent in the current market is a major pain point for many small businesses and entrepreneurs. In this 2022 Ladies Who Launch Resilient Leadership Summit session, you’ll learn from those who are making strides in this space with limited resources, including what has worked (and not worked) and how to implement these tactics in your own business context.
- Irene Li, Co-Founder, Mei Mei Restaurant Group & Co-Founder, Prepshift
- Amy Peterson, Co-Founder & CEO, Rebel Nell
- Susan Ruth Lundy, Chapter Chair & Certified Mentor, SCORE San Francisco
Whether you are an individual entrepreneur or a team leader in a company, running a large organization within a company, or running the company itself, every year you will need to set goals for the coming year.
How do you do this will depend on your role in the company. Your input and setting goals will be very different if you are an individual entrepreneur versus someone running a team or a larger organization within a company.
Let us start with defining goals for a startup.
Setting goals for a startup company
To do this, I strongly recommend that two people work together. If it