Tips To Spruce Up The Text On Your Website
Most customers will visit your website before walking your doors. Make sure your website's text is making the best first impression. Sponsored by Google.
More and more, customers visit a business online before setting foot in a store. It’s important to have a website with clear, compelling copy. After all, it might be someone’s ﬁrst introduction to your business. Here are some tips for sprucing up the text on your business website.
Search engines, like Google, use the words on the pages to understand what the site is about, so it’s important to include descriptive content. Rather than focus on word count, think about your website visitors. What information are they looking for? Is it easy to ﬁnd key information about your business?
Tips for improving your website text
- Make your text easy to read online.
- Keep paragraphs short, and use subheaders and bulleted lists.
- Include a call-to-action message so website visitors know what to do next.
- Keep font sizes, colors and styles consistent.
If you provide a service...
- What you do (and what you don’t do)
- When you do it, and how you do it
- How much it costs (or how to get an estimate)
- How to contact you (phone and email address)
- Why someone should choose your business
If you own a brick and mortar store...
- What you sell (an introduction to your products and services)
- Where you are (address, map and directions)
- When you’re open (hours of operation)
- How to communicate (phone number, email address, fax number and mailing address)
- Why someone should shop at your store
Download the full e-guide to learn more.