Filing a Change in Your Business: Amendments

Filing a Change in Your Business

Pretty much anytime you make a change to your LLC or corporation, the state you formed your company in requires some type of official business filing, or Amendment, to make it official. What constitutes as a change that requires an Amendment varies from state-to-state but a good rule of thumb is when any information that is included in your company’s Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization or Certificate of Authority (for Foreign Qualifications) changes, you typically need to file an Article of Amendment to update your information with the state(s) you do business in. This can include changing your principle office address or updating your director or member names.

For an overview on Amendments, go to: Amendment Filing Service.