Business Model Generation
A business model describes the rationale of how an organization creates, delivers and captures value.
Review the 9 building blocks of the business model.
The 9 Building Blocks:
- Customer segments - an organization serves one or several customer segments
- Value proposition - it seeks to solve customer problems and satisfy customer needs with value propositions
- Channels- value propositions are delivered to customers through communication, distribution and sales
- Customer relationships - establish and maintained with each customer segment
- Revenue streams - result from value propositions successfully offered to customers
- Key resources - assets required to offer and deliver the elements
- Key activities - performing key activities
- Key partnerships- some activities are outsourced and some resources are acquired outside the enterprise
- Cost structure - the business model elements result in the cost structure