5 Tips for Taking Your Small Business Online
Let SCORE help your business go virtual.
1. Your product line should be able to be delivered economically and conveniently through the mail or over the Internet.
2. The Web allows you to market to customers outside your geographical location. Your product should appeal to people nation-or-continent-wide.
3. Compare new “technology” costs to current bricks and mortar costs, e.g.: rent, labor, inventory and printing costs.
4. Realize that the World Wide Web levels the playing ground—you can look like a big company with a great Web site.
5. Draw visitors to your site cheaply. Establish and grow alliances that will hotlink to your site for free.