Download this template to help you gather tax information for your C Corporation, S Corporation, or Partnership.
Some information you will need includes:
- Your entity information, such as business code, start date, incorporation date
- Principal Shareholders or Partners and their Tax ID numbers
- If this is your first year of existence:
- A copy of the state incorporation or partnership agreement
- A copy of the letter received from the IRS after filing SS-4 showing Entity EIN number & official name
- If an S-Corp, the filed IRS Form 2553 - Election, & a copy of IRS acceptance letter allowing S-Corp status
Collect all documents that apply to your business:
- Asset additions and changes
- Notes, Loans, and mortgages held either in assets or liabilities
- Capital/Cash contributions to the business by shareholders or partner
- Capital/Cash distributions to shareholders or partners
- Non-standard contributions or distributions
- Employer and officer payroll information
- Final Bank statement or bank reconsolidation showing cash in a bank
- Real property loan and real estate information
- If the business employed independent contractors or made payments to unincorporated services/suppliers, provide copies of the 1099-Misc issued.
- If any shareholders or partners are residents of states not where the business is located or reside outside the US, provide details. There may be withholding requirements.
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.