In honor of National Volunteer Month, we’re proud to feature a blog from one of our dedicated SCORE volunteers, Jeanne Rossomme.
Volunteering: Helping Us All Move Forward
August 5, 2022
Volunteering has a positive impact on the U.S. economy as a whole and small business recovery. See the rewards that you can receive from volunteering according to statistics gathered by SCORE.
Volunteers make a big impact.
- 1/4 or 77.4 million Americans, volunteer
- Volunteerism has an estimated economic value of $167 billion
In 2020 alone, SCORE volunteers
- Donated nearly four million hours of service
- Helped start 45,027 new businesses
- Supported the creation of 119,562 jobs
- Mentored 143,651 small business clients, resulting in many reporting higher revenues and increased business growth
Volunteerism benefits volunteers individually
- Those who volunteer regularly have a 27% better chance of gaining employment
- 60% of hiring managers see volunteering as a valuable asset
- 92% of human resource executives agree that contributing to a nonprofit can improve an employee’s leadership skills
Volunteers can be any age with many in the workforce
- Americans volunteer across all age groups and stages of employment, with just over half (51%) employed full time
- 38% of SCORE volunteers are from minority or underserved business communities, serving a diverse range of clients (60% women, 46% minorities. 9% veterans)
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Easelly is a simple infographic tool with 3 million users (& counting!) worldwide. They also do custom infographics for small businesses and startups with lightning-fast turnaround times.
1165 Herndon Parkway, Suite 100}
Herndon, VA 20170
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
In partnership with