This infographic highlights the findings of part two of “The Megaphone Of Main Street: Unsung Entrepreneurs” data report. For this report, SCORE surveyed more than 3,000 entrepreneurs nationwide.
How did the military help prepare you to be an entrepreneur?
- Work ethic and discipline- 76%
- Leadership/management skills- 58%
- Confidence- 57%
How much support have you seen during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Local community
- Not supported at all- 52.3%
- Somewhat supported- 30.5%
- Very supported- 17.2%
- Local government
- Not supported at all- 78.5%
- Somewhat supported- 14.5%
- Very supported- 7%
- State government
- Not supported at all- 76.9%
- Somewhat supported- 21.5%
- Very supported- 1.7%
- Federal government
- Not supported at all- 59.4%
- Somewhat supported- 31.1%
- Very supported- 9.4%
How much Covid-19 relief funds did veterans receive?
- Veteran business owners sought SBA, federal and state COVID-relief funding at about the same rate as other groups. These funding requests were denied 20-100% more frequently than they were for non-veteran business owners.
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.