SCORE latest infographic examines small business owner sentiments about the future.
This infographic reports the findings of part 3 of The Megaphone of Main Street Small Business Jobs Report.
Most small business owners are optimistic about their growth over the next six months:
- 69% of all small business owners were optimistic
- 82% of millennial business owners (younger than age 35) reported feeling very or somewhat optimistic
Small business owners are concerned about the following issues negatively impacting their growth:
- Policies that favor large businesses (48%)
- Access to capital (39.7%)
- Proposed changes in healthcare (36%)
41% of millennial business owners are concerned about finding and keeping qualified workers compared to only 33% of all small business owners.
Business owners worry about the negative impact of the following issues on their success in the next 6 months:
- Personal income tax (34.5%)
- Corporate income tax (27.6%)
- Local labor laws (27.1%)
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.