Did you know that 75% of small business owners donate an average of 6% of their profits to charitable organizations annually?
SCORE’s latest infographic, sponsored by OnDeck, highlights how small businesses’ charitable giving has a big impact on their local communities.
Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to local non-profits and community causes.
How do small businesses support their communities?
- Give to local charities: 66%
- Support youth organizations: 48%
- Donate to local first responders: 42%
- Support local religious organizations: 39%
- Aid local service groups (Rotary Club, scouts, etc.): 37%
- Donate food or volunteer in soup kitchens: 32%
- And 81% plan on giving in 2019.
Doing good is good for business:
- 85% of consumers have a more positive image of a company who gives to charity.
- 90% of consumers want to know how companies are supporting charitable causes.
And engages employees:
- Improves employee leadership and broadens professional skill sets (92%)
- Helps employee well-being (77%)
- Boosts morale (70%)
- Strengthens camaraderie with work colleagues (64%)
93% of employees who volunteer are happy with their employer.
Are you interested in giving back to your community?
Volunteer with SCORE!
Learn how OnDeck can help your small business.
Infographic designed by Easel.ly.
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.