It should come as no surprise that social media use across the United States has been increasing steadily in recent years. Is your small business taking advantage of the trends?
Our infographic, “How Your Small Business Can Succeed with Social Media,” highlights the latest statistics on why and how to use social media to connect with your customers.
Social media use has grown 58% in the last 12 years:
% of U.S. adults who use at least one social media site
- 2006: 11%
- 2010: 46%
- 2014: 62%
- 2018: 69%
Where are YOUR customers?
How should you reach your target market?
YouTube is the most popular social media channel among three generations:
- 94% of 18 to 24 year olds use YouTube
- 83% of 25 to 29 year olds use YouTube
- 80% of 30 to 49 year olds use YouTube
- 56% of 50+ year olds use YouTube
Facebook comes in a close second:
- 80% of 18 to 49 year olds
- 55% of 50+ year olds
41% of women use Pinterest, and 50% of college graduates use LinkedIn.
How can social media help your business?
- Build awareness: 44% of local businesses say social media helps generate brand awareness.
- Deliver great customer service: 59% of Americans think customer service through social media makes it easier to get issues resolved.
- Generate sales: 41% depend on social media to drive revenue.
77% of small businesses use social media, but are you using these tools effectively? Work with a SCORE mentor to learn more about reaching your target customers.
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.