Infographic: Entrepreneurship Training
July 29, 2021
Starting or growing a small business can be a daunting task, so many entrepreneurs want to learn, either through formal education or online resources. And it seems to pay off—small business owners who invest in training are more likely to grow.
SCORE’s latest infographic examines the growth of entrepreneurship training and sources for small business education.
Training rated more critical to success than new technologies or hiring employees:
- 36% would seek ways to improve their skills
- 32% would invest in new technologies
- 28% intend to hire more employees
More college students are interested in entrepreneurship. Over the past 30 years:
- The number of freshmen who want to be an entrepreneur has doubled
- Degree offerings in entrepreneurship have grown by 5 times
- Courses in entrepreneurship have grown approximately twentyfold
But most business owners do not have a 4-year college degree:
- Did not complete high school: 5%
- High school or GED: 20%
- Associate’s degree: 14%
- Some college: 17%
- College graduate: 26%
- Post-graduate degree: 18%
So, they use business resources and training online, including SCORE.org
Top 3 search topics on score.org
- Financial Templates
- Business Plans & Strategy
Top 3 training topics on score.org
- Starting Your Business
- Developing a Business Plan
SCORE is your source for entrepreneurship training. Besides mentoring, we offer small business workshops and a library of online templates, eguides, blogs and more.
Infographic designed by Easel.ly.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE