What are the biggest factors in content marketing success?
Have a documented content strategy:
- 32% of B2B marketers have one
- 37% of B2C marketers have one
Meet daily or weekly to review effectiveness of content marketing efforts:
- 44% of B2B marketers do so
- 48% of B2C marketers do so
Be willing to invest in content marketing:
- B2B marketers allocate 28% of their total marketing budget to content marketing
- B2C marketers allocate 32% of their total marketing budget to content marketing
What social networks do small businesses use?
- Facebook: 70%
- Twitter: 38%
- LinkedIn: 37%
- YouTube, Vine or Vimeo: 26%
- Instagram: 25%
- Company blog: 24%
- Yelp: 16%
- Pinterest: 14%
- Live-streaming apps: 7%
What do small businesses use social media marketing for?
- To promote a specific product/service: 45%
- To share information about sales and discounts: 38%
- To gain likes and fans: 38%
- To solicit/respond to customer feedback: 34%
- To provide videos highlighting products or services: 29%
- To share a company blog post: 20%
- To establish my personal expertise: 23%
A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words
- 67% of B2B marketers use infographics for content marketing (up from 62% in 2015).
- 62% of B2C marketers use infographics for content marketing (up from 45% in 2015).
- Facebook posts with images get 2.3X more engagement than those without.
- Blog posts and articles with images once every 75-100 words get 2X more shares than those with fewer images.
No wonder 51% of B2B marketers and 55% of B2C marketers say creating visual content is a priority this year.
For more than 100 years, Deluxe Corporation has sought to create the tools that help shape our economy. Since 1915, Deluxe has recognized the vital role that small business plays in our communities, from job creation to business development. For these reasons, the Deluxe Corporation Foundation provides financial support to nonprofits that help entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed. Our grants to SCORE have totaled more than $1.5M in recent years, with the majority of these funds supporting the creation and updates of online training and certification for SCORE mentors.