Whether you’re a startup entrepreneur or tenured business owner, you’ll want to learn how to adjust to and take advantage of today’s changing marketplace.
Infographic: Consumer Trends Bring Opportunity for Small Businesses
July 29, 2021
Shifting Shopping Trends Provide New Opportunities For Small Business Owners
Knowing how customers are shopping can help business owners to pivot and thrive
Consumers said their top priorities were:
- Affordability- 32%
- Health- 25%
- Planet- 16%
- Society- 15%
Customers are more willing to try new brands
- 73% of customers have tried a new shopping behavior
- 34% have tried a new shopping method (like curbside pickup)
- 33% have tried a different brand
- 29% have tried a different store or website
- 26% have tried a different label
- 22% have tried a new digital shopping method
Many industries have seen online sales growth
- Skincare and makeup has seen an 81% growth
- Jewelry has seen a 97% growth
- Food and takeout have seen a 96% growth
- Groceries has seen an 81% growth
Community matters to shoppers
Over 20% of shoppers plan to shop locally over the holidays or indicate that social justice causes, like Black Lives Matter, will impact which businesses receive their patronage this holiday season.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Easelly is a simple infographic tool with 3 million users (& counting!) worldwide. They also do custom infographics for small businesses and startups with lightning-fast turnaround times.
Covid-19 forced many small businesses to make changes. See how many business owners are adjusting through this pandemic.
1165 Herndon Parkway, Suite 100}
Herndon, VA 20170
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
In partnership with