Shifting Shopping Trends Provide New Opportunities For Small Business Owners
Knowing how customers are shopping can help business owners to pivot and thrive
Consumers said their top priorities were:
- Affordability- 32%
- Health- 25%
- Planet- 16%
- Society- 15%
Customers are more willing to try new brands
- 73% of customers have tried a new shopping behavior
- 34% have tried a new shopping method (like curbside pickup)
- 33% have tried a different brand
- 29% have tried a different store or website
- 26% have tried a different label
- 22% have tried a new digital shopping method
Many industries have seen online sales growth
- Skincare and makeup has seen an 81% growth
- Jewelry has seen a 97% growth
- Food and takeout have seen a 96% growth
- Groceries has seen an 81% growth
Community matters to shoppers
Over 20% of shoppers plan to shop locally over the holidays or indicate that social justice causes, like Black Lives Matter, will impact which businesses receive their patronage this holiday season.
Easelly is a simple infographic tool with 3 million users (& counting!) worldwide. They also do custom infographics for small businesses and startups with lightning-fast turnaround times.
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.