Did you know that 50% of workers in the U.S. work in a small business?
- Small businesses created 63% of new jobs from mid-2009 to 2012
- From 2004 to 2010, micro businesses (1 to 4 employees) were the big employers creating 5.5M new jobs!
...While businesses w/ 500 or more employees lost 1.8M jobs.
- In the next 5 years, 37% of small businesses will have 5+ employees
Small business success is tied to employee success.
- 75-150% of salary is the estimated cost of employee turnover
- 30% of small business failures are blamed on poor hiring decisions
However, employees cost time & money.
- HR work consumes 25-35% of an owner’s time. 7-25% of time is spent handling employee paperwork
- Companies with fewer than 20 employees have 60% higher compliance costs.
Recruitment & management are going mobile.
- 1.3 billion employees will work virtually by 2015.
- Mobile friendly recruitment, properly executed, has a conversion rate 5x to 10x better than PC – at 20% the cost.