Did you know that 75% of small business owners donate an average of 6% of their profits to charitable organizations annually?
SCORE’s latest infographic, sponsored by OnDeck, highlights how small businesses’ charitable giving has a big impact on their local communities.
Small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to local non-profits and community causes.
How do small businesses support their communities?
- Give to local charities: 66%
- Support youth organizations: 48%
- Donate to local first responders: 42%
- Support local religious organizations: 39%
- Aid local service groups (Rotary Club, scouts, etc.): 37%
- Donate food or volunteer in soup kitchens: 32%
- And 81% plan on giving in 2019.
Doing good is good for business:
- 85% of consumers have a more positive image of a company who gives to charity.
- 90% of consumers want to know how companies are supporting charitable causes.
And engages employees:
- Improves employee leadership and broadens professional skill sets (92%)
- Helps employee well-being (77%)
- Boosts morale (70%)
- Strengthens camaraderie with work colleagues (64%)
93% of employees who volunteer are happy with their employer.
Are you interested in giving back to your community?
Volunteer with SCORE!
Infographic designed by Easel.ly.