Do you think cybercriminals are too busy targeting the likes of Home Depot, Marriott, and Google to bother with your small business? Think again.
Some 71% of cyberattacks occur at businesses with under 100 employees. Cybercriminals know that small businesses tend to be easy targets and that accessing a small business’s computer networks often gives them entrée to client and vendor networks, too.
In this eGuide, you’ll learn about the biggest cybersecurity risks facing small businesses, the 3 most common cyber threats, how to secure your business, and how to respond to a data breach.
For a small business, the cost of a data breach can be devastating. The average cyberattack costs a small business $34,604. Since it takes an average of 191 days for a small business to become aware of a cyberattack, companies that are attacked once are often hit again.
No wonder nearly 60% of companies go out of business within six months of a cyberattack. The stakes are high. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to prevent a cyberattack—and survive one if you’re hit.
Topics covered include:
- Why cybercrimes are growing during the covid crisis
- Why employees are often the weak link in your business’s defenses—and how to empower them to be more diligent.
- What additional layers of protection beyond anti-virus software should you use
- How ransomware and cryptocurrency mining work
- What are the best ways of creating strong passwords
- How to spot fraudulent emails
- How to protect computers, servers, mobile devices, wi-fi routers, and other network-connected devices, such as printers, copiers, switches, etc.
Cybercriminals are crafty—but you can outsmart them by being aware of the risks and implementing cybersecurity best practices. Educate your employees, implement a cybersecurity policy for your business, and put the proper protections in place. Taking these simple steps will help to prevent your business from becoming a statistic.
Trend Micro, a global cybersecurity leader, helps make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Fueled by decades of security expertise, global threat research, and continuous innovation, our cybersecurity platform protects 500,000+ organizations and 250+ million individuals across clouds, networks, devices, and endpoints. Trend Micro Initiative for Education
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.