The skills you learned in the military, including strategic planning, leadership, communication, delegation, execution and assessment, are assets to starting a veteran-owned small business. Leverage this startup checklist to walk you through critical steps. Remember, you don’t need to be hands-on with all the steps; consultants or companies can complete some of these tasks.
Download SCORE’s checklist to easily follow pre- and post-launch tasks for your veteran-owned business, such as:
- Develop a business plan outlining your goals, target market, competition and financial projections.
- Choose a legal structure for your business.
- Create a budget covering startup costs, ongoing expenses and revenue projections.
- Consider getting certified as a Veteran-Owned Business (VOSB) or a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOSB).
- Leverage traditional and online marketing channels in your strategy.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leading insurance company meeting the retirement and life insurance needs of individuals and institutions. With a strong financial foundation and risk and investment management expertise, the company delivers tailored solutions to create more secure financial futures. The company's performance has been driven by its culture and core values focused on integrity, teamwork, and the importance of building long-term client relationships. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm. Through its relationship, the company leverages KKR's investment capabilities, scale and access to capital markets to enhance the value it offers clients. KKR's parent company is KKR & Co. Inc. (NYSE: KKR).
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.