Yesterday afternoon Governor Hogan announced that Maryland is now moving into Stage Two. Below is information and links to help you do this. Nancy
STAGE TWO BEGINS FRIDAY, JUNE 5 AT 5:00 PM:
Non-essential businesses may open, including: manufacturing, construction, large and small retail shops, specialty vendors, wholesalers, warehouses, and offices including information technology firms, legal offices, accounting, banking and financial institutions, insurance agencies, design studios, advertising and architectural firms, and media production companies. Read the governor’s order here. Also attached.
Additionally, real estate offices, travel agencies, auto dealer showrooms, bank branches and various other offices may all safely reopen with public health and safety guidance recommendations in place. This guidance includes:
- Wearing face coverings whenever face-to-face interaction takes place.
- Conducting temperature checks for workers and other personnel.
- Limiting the proximity of employees by rotating employee hours.
- Instituting split schedules, shifts, or shorter work weeks.
- Staggering start, break, or shift times.
Employees who can telework should continue to do so whenever possible.
Additional Personal Services that may open: Including nail salons, massage therapists, tanning salons, and tattoo parlors may resume operations at up to 50% capacity, by appointment only, and with appropriate health and safety guidelines.
Links to best practices for general businesses and your specific business industry.
- Best Practices : English | Español
- Accommodations (Alojamiento/Hospedaje): English | Español
- Construction and Development (Construcción y Desarrollo): English | Español
- Golf (Golf): English | Español
- Manufacturing (Producción e Industrias): English | Español
- Marinas (Puertos Deportivos): English | Español
- Personal Services (Servicios Personales): English | Español
- Professional Services: English | Español
- Restaurants and Bars (Restaurantes Y Bares): English | Español; Additional Signage: English | Español
Bars and Restaurants required to remain closed, except as permitted in attached executive order, paragraph III.f
- Retail (Venta Minorista): English | Español
- Youth Sports
- Youth camps
- Swimming pools (en español) | FAQs | Additional Signage: English | Español
FAQs regarding face coverings (en español)
Take the Pledge –Then print and display the pledge to help boost customer confidence. If you took the pledge, let us know here.
Covid-19 didn't kill the business lunch--it just pushed it online. Here's how some companies are wining and dining clients remotely and supporting restaurants at the same time. --Inc.
Inspiration: Life is not about how fast you run or how you climb but how well you bounce. ~Tiger