1. Who said, “You don't understand. I want to be surprised. Astonish me, sport. New info, don't care where or how you get it, just get it.”?
A. Howard Hughes (The Aviator)
B. Charles Foster Kane (Citizen Kane)
C. Rod Tidwell (Jerry Maguire)
D. Gordon Gekko (Wall Street)
2. In the great James Clavell book about the beginning of trading in Hong Kong, Tai-Pan, Tai Pan means:
A. Ruthless warrior
B. Supreme leader
C. Cunning trader
D. Unwanted foreigner
3. Who starred in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying?
A. Ricardo Montalbán
B. Ricky Ricardo
C. Joel Fleishman
D. Joel Grey
4. What Makes Sammy Run is a book and play about:
A. Backstabbing and success on Wall Street
B. Backstabbing and success in Washington
C. Backstabbing and success in Hollywood
D. Backstabbing and success at Wal-Mart
5. Who said, “Good artists copy, great artists steal”?
A. Bill Gates of Microsoft in Pirates of the Silicon Valley
B. Steve Jobs of Apple in Pirates of the Silicon Valley
C. Andy Grove of Intel in Pirates of the Silicon Valley
D. Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook in The Social Network
6. Who said, “I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?”?
A. Joe Pesci in Goodfellas
B. Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver
C. Marlon Brando in The Godfather
D. Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins
7. The business book classic, Barbarians at the Gate, was about:
A. The leveraged buyout of RJR Nabisco
B. The feared Japanese business threat of the late ‘80s
C. How to deal with bad employees
D. Financial incompetence
8. “______ is the enemy of Great”
9. What is the subtitle of the Timothy Ferriss book The 4 Hour Work Week?
A. How Anyone, Anywhere Can Live the Life Of Their Dreams
B. Work Smarter, Not Harder
C. Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
D. It’s Not Who You Know, It’s What You Do That Counts
10. What did architect Howard Roark do to begin the book The Fountainhead?
A. Kill himself
B. Give an incredibly long, boring, self-serving, one-sided, egomaniacal speech
11. Who wrote Winning?
A. Charlie Sheen
B. Jack Welch
C. Jack Black
D. Conrad Hilton
12. In what movie was this said: “You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars next year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in . . . 60 years.”?
A. Citizen Kane
B. Wall Street
C. The Hudsucker Proxy
D. Trading Places
13. Who said, “In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.”?
A. Bruce Wayne
B. Richie Rich
C. Tony Montana
D. Joe Montana
14. What character did Rodney Dangerfield play in Caddyshack?
A. Millionaire Al Czervik
B. Judge Elihu Smails
C. Entrepreneur Carl Spackler
D. Wiseguy Ty Webb
15. What movie did this quote come from: “Lesson number one: Don’t underestimate the other guy’s greed.”?
A. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
D. There Will Be Blood
16. Speaking of There Will Be Blood, what was the name of the oilman played by Daniel Day Lewis?
A. Daniel Plainview
B. Anton Chigurh
C. Daniel Wellstone
D. Father Mulcahey
17. In It's a Wonderful Life, Banker George Bailey has four children. What is the name of the youngest?
A. Tommy Bailey
B. Janie Bailey
C. Zuzu Bailey
D. ZhaZha Gabor
18. In the 1999 movie Office Space, Milton’s classic catchphrase line is:
A. “I think you have my stapler.”
B. “I am your father”
C. “The cat ate it”
D. “Uh, yeah, well, we’re putting cover sheets on all TPS Reports now.”
19. The late, great Stephen Covey wrote The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Which of these is NOT one of the 7 Habits?
A. Put first things first
B. Begin with the end in mind
D. Tell it to the hand
20. The all new, greatly expanded, super duper, 3rd edition of The Small Business Bible was just published and has new chapters on:
A. Social media
B. Mobile marketing
C. Videos, Groupon, Technology, and more
D. All of the above
Answers: 1) D 2) B 3) D 4) C 5) B 6) A 7) A 8) A 9) C 10) C 11) B
12) A 13) C 14) A 15)B 16) A 17) C 18) A 19) D 20) D
Happy summer all!
Steven D. Strauss is a lawyer and writer and is one of the country's leading experts on small business as well as an international business speaker. The best-selling author of 17 books, his latest is the all-new 3rd ed. of The Small Business Bible. You can listen to his weekly podcast, Small Business Success Powered by Greatland, visit his new website for the self-employed, TheSelfEmployed, follow him on Twitter, and "like" TheSelfEmployed on Facebook. You can e-mail Steve at: email@example.com. © Steven D. Strauss