Highlighting our Chapter Co-Chair, Marty Telles
Marty Telles joined SCORE and the Northwest NJ Chapter about 7 years ago. Initially, he was primarily interested in mentoring small businesses. After being with the chapter a short time he joined the chapter's management team. He then served as both Communications Manager and the Membership Chair. He assumed the role of Chapter Chair about four years ago. There was an opportunity to add a co-chair to our chapter last year and Marty now serves as Co-Chair for the past year. He is a tremendous asset to the Chapter and serves as a Certified Mentor and enjoys participating in decision making and working with a fine group of people.
Marty has had an extensive, successful career before joining SCORE, accomplishing the following:
- Senior business manager of 1) a multi-billion-dollar mutual fund, management, and distribution company and 2) two national securities Broker/Dealers
- Developer and marketer of investment products; Proficient in the technical aspects of financial planning
- Senior sales manager of a large, national sales force; Developed and managed multifaceted sales training programs
- Career spanning five decades in various aspects of financial services. It began with a 15-year career at Citicorp, most of which was in the equipment business.
- From there he entered the personal finance and investment industry where he held several senior-level positions in the marketing, sales, and product development at Equitable Life and OppenheimerFunds.
- After a successful corporate career, he formed The High Tide Group LLC, a Registered Advisory practice.
In his own words: "I find that most people who want to start, or are new at running their own business, mainly focus on the aspect of that business they feel good at. With most clients I try to focus them on their business in its entirety; understand that there are many aspects that will need their attention and planning future moves is essential."
Contact Marty Telles at email@example.com or the Northwest NJ Chapter website at www.northwestnj.score.org to get free mentoring from this experienced business professional or one of our many other mentors.