Start Smart in 2009 with SCORE at www.score.org/january
Washington, D.C. ─ Start out right for your business in 2009 with SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business.” SCORE will provide a resource page with “Small Business Smart Start Tools” at www.score.org/january. This content area will offer valuable resources for assessing your business, organizing your workplace, and planning for success. The page goes live on January 1.
Visitors to www.score.org/january will find the following tips and tools:
- Quick Start Business Plan. Take this online workshop to give yourself and others a clear snapshot of your business idea, or where your business is heading. Complete the plan to help sharpen your business concept.
- SCORE & E-Myth Small Biz Assessment. Get an instant evaluation of your business skills plus recommendations for business growth strategies and access to SCORE’s online counseling.
- SCORE Start-up Quizzes. Two short business quizzes help you size up your competition and determine the earning potential of your business.
- Learn Online. Access 40 online workshops that provide a wide range of assistance on starting, managing and marketing a business. You also can learn about tax issues, financial management and technology infrastructure.
- Organizing Your Business. Learn how to eliminate clutter, save time, establish a plan, and set priorities for maintaining an organized office space. Download a free guide, “3 Ways to Organize for Success,” by nationally known professional organizer Julie Morgenstern, a successful SCORE client.
- Ask SCORE. Get answers to your business questions by email from more than 1,200 SCORE online mentors.
In addition, SCORE will offer two new podcasts:
- Jennifer Kushell, internationally recognized expert on the next generation workforce, offers sound advice on the importance of networking.
- Dr. Bernard Harris, veteran astronaut and SCORE board director, provides information to help you with your business vision.
Past SCORE podcasts are available at www.score.org/podcasts.html.
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 8 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 10,500 volunteer business counselors in 389 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.