Lancaster, PA – SCORE –www.score.org- mentors to America’s small business, honors SCORE Lancaster – www.lancaster.score.org – with the 2013 Chapter of the Year Award in recognition of the chapter’s dedicated and effective work in serving aspiring and current small business owners in this region. The chapter has exhibited a sincere commitment to improving their clients’ experience and broadening the reach of its services to entrepreneurs through collaborative community alliance building. Over the past 5 year period, SCORE Lancaster has increased their total services provided by 67% and more than doubled the number of attendees at local workshops and roundtables.
“SCORE Lancaster is a banner chapter because its leaders and mentors are always finding ways to push the envelope as it relates to helping small businesses succeed,” said SCORE CEO Ken Yancey. “Whether it is developing new ways to mentor, offering timely, relevant workshop topics or spearheading technological improvements, this chapter constantly advances beyond the status quo towards the ideal.”
SCORE Lancaster has also had a significant impact on improving the SCORE organization as a whole.
The chapter is responsible for innovative practices including:
- Helped develop “Simple Steps to Starting Your Business” curriculum
- Pioneered the highly successful concept of business “roundtables”
- Introduced the Net Promoter Score (NPS) process now used for evaluating the effectiveness of all SCORE chapters
- Developed and implemented a very successful recruiting and Advocacy tool – the annual chapter “Open House”
- Created the leadership position of VP of Advocacy responsible for making SCORE known at all levels of government
The SCORE Chapter of the Year Award will be presented on June 21st, 2013 in Washington D.C. as part of National Small Business Week 2013.
To learn more about SCORE Lancaster, visit: www.lancaster.score.org