SCORE Adds New Online Resources for Minority Entrepreneurs at www.score.org
Washington, D.C.─SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” announces a new section specifically for minority entrepreneurs at the SCORE Web site, www.score.org. This new content area offers valuable information, statistics and mentoring to help these small business owners succeed.
Visitors to www.score.org/minority.html will find the following resources:
- Insights for Minority Entrepreneurs offers key articles on business licensing, protecting your idea, generating income, and business financing.
- Resources for Minority Entrepreneurs features a list of more than 30 organizations, groups and Web sites that offer news, strategies and advice.
- Stats on Minority Entrepreneurs provides the latest research and facts on the growing number of African-American, Hispanic, Asian and Native American entrepreneurs.
- How SCORE Can Help You highlights SCORE’s free online and face-to-face counseling, low-cost workshops and free eNewsletters.
Inspired by filmmakers Spike Lee and Oliver Stone, April Patrick decided to pursue her dream of starting her own film company. She worked with New York SCORE mentors who had media experience to develop her business plan, expand production and reach new markets. www.score.org/success_april_films.html
- Gene Davis learned about SCORE from the newspaper and decided to seek counseling to start a cleaning service. Chicago SCORE helped him create marketing materials and turn his disability, a major hearing impairment, into a positive selling point. www.score.org/success_gene_cleaning.html
- Claudia Mirza needed help on attracting attention for her English / Spanish translation service at an upcoming trade show, so she turned to SCORE’s online counseling. Using the advice she received by email, she generated more than $5,000 of new contracts in the first week alone. She continues to benefit from online mentoring with SCORE. www.score.org/success_cm_translations.html
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 7.9 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 10,500 volunteer business counselors in 389 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE on the Web at www.score.org.