SCORE Adds New Online Resources for Manufacturers at www.score.org
Washington, D.C.─SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” announces a new section specifically for manufacturers at the SCORE Web site, www.score.org. Manufacturers can include businesses that specialize in transportation equipment, computers and electronics, chemicals, machinery and more. The new content area offers valuable information, statistics and mentoring to help these small business owners succeed.
Visitors to www.score.org/internet_manufacturers.html will find the following resources:
- Resources for Manufacturers features a list of 10 organizations, groups and Web sites that offer news, strategies, statistics and advice.
- SCORE Counselors with Manufacturing Expertise describes how to find both face-to-face and online SCORE experts who have a background in manufacturing.
- Facts about U.S. Manufacturing offers a comprehensive overview of the manufacturing industry from the National Association of Manufacturers.
- How SCORE Can Help You highlights SCORE’s free online and face-to-face counseling, low-cost workshops and free eNewsletters.
Some notable SCORE client success stories include:
- Dr. Gordhan Patel invented a wallet-sized plastic card called SIRAD that instantly monitors the accumulation of radiation exposure in the event of a terrorist attack, armed conflict or nuclear plant leak. Dr. Patel called Essex, Hudson and Union Counties SCORE for advice on how to get it in the hands of those who need it. SCORE gave him recommendations on marketing, setting a price, general finances and building manufacturing capacity. www.score.org/success_jp_laboratories.html
- Bob Bechtold started his own business, HARBEC Plastics Inc., by producing machinery, tools, fixtures, gauges and welding from the barn in his backyard. After needing a loan to expand, he turned to Rochester SCORE for help. During the course of his relationship with SCORE, his sales jumped from $200,000 to $1 million, he moved his business into a proper, more efficient facility and his staff grew from six employees to more than 100. www.score.org/internet_success_harbec.html
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 7.9 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 10,500 volunteer business counselors in 389 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800/634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE on the Web at www.score.org.