Wondering how to start and run a successful not-for-profit corporation? This in-person workshop will get you started on the right path.
Although a non-profit corporation faces most of the same challenges as any business, there are several special considerations for operating a not-for-profit. Although such corporations are often called non-profits, ultimately they need to be csh-flow positive.
Participants will learn how to:
- When a non-profit might be better than a for-profit
- Why bother with a non-profit
- Simple steps to legally structure and register a non-profit
- Recruit a board that helps you achieve your dreams
- Maintain compliance and avoid common pitfalls
- Don't ignore the accounting and finance aspects
- Sources of funds including research and source grants
- Getting to the people who need your services
Our Presenter: David Harrison currently teaches MBA students full-time, and in all business subjects. Dave enjoyed a career as a senior executive with global responsibilities at Johnson & Johnson, Armstrong, and Standard Industries. In addition to several successful entrepreneurial ventures and non-profit organizations, David is a SCORE mentor.