Cook & Associates Consulting, 1995 to present:
Business Growth Specialist 2005 to 2012:
$2.8mm, leveraging $27mm with 135 jobs,
Development Association (MEDA).
Vice President for Resource Development
The Enterprise Group of Jackson, Inc., Jackson, MI 1996 to 2004:
and $1.5 million Revolving Loan Fund Programs,
& $450,000 in HUD grants for industrial infrastructure.
Branch County Economic Growth Alliance, Inc., Coldwater, MI 1990 to 1995:
$5,000,000 new investment,
investment and 2,000 new jobs,
Economic Development Coordinator
Southcentral Michigan Planning Council, Portage, MI 1987 to 1990:
Responsible for industrial assistance throughout two rural counties resulting in over 2700 jobs and $56 million in investment.
Responsible for annual development of community created local improvement project inventory in 3 rural and 2 urban counties.
Program Manager - Economic Development
West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission, Muskegon, MI 1986 to 1987:
* Assisted communities in one rural and two urban counties to develop physical and human resource infrastructure needed to meet local objectives.
Assoc. Dean of Instruction - Business and Technical Studies
Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Kalamazoo, MI 1983 to 1985:
* Responsible for 58 FTE faculty and staff; 34 Associate Degree and Certificate Programs; developing and managing a $1.8 million budget; evaluating faculty and staff; establishing articulation agreements with area high schools and colleges; and re-activating academic program advisory committees.
Regional Community Development Agent
Cooperative Extension Service
Pennsylvania State University, Reading, PA 1980 to 1983:
* Worked with local government officials and groups to determine needs; provided legislative process information for citizen use; created, packaged and delivered community education programs including:
- legislation impact on local government
- land development ordinances (subdivisions)
- land use planning and zoning
Illinois State Geological Survey
University of Illinois
Urbana-Champaign, IL 1978 to 1980:
* Conceived, developed and co-authored "Land Use Impacts of Subsidence Over Illinois Coal Mines".
Assistant Planning Director
Kankakee County Planning Commission
Kankakee, IL 1974 to 1978:
* Supervised staff and technicians; directed community needs assessments; created community development plans with local officials and citizens; directed and completed successful Community Development Block Grant applications; and successfully re-initiated federal HUD contract activities.
Governor's Office of Management and Budget
State of Michigan, Lansing, MI 1973 to 1974:
* Co-authored report on staffing Michigan's multi-county planning districts.
United States Air Force
L. G. Hanscom Field
Bedford, MA 1969 to 1974:
* Co-developed computerized management program to monitor Department of Defense research and development contracts.
<p> Graduate: Economic Development Institute (EDI), University of Oklahoma, 1996</p> <p> M.U.P., Urban & Regional Planning, University of Illinois, 1980</p> <p> B.S., Urban Studies, Michigan State University, 1969</p>
• Wide array of innovative business approaches due to work experience in various...
All Business phases MMM&O---Money, Marketing,...