How I can help you
- Commercial banker for 42 years; retired in 2018.
- Spent approximately 3/4 of my career catering to commercial business clients; 1/4 of career largely dedicated to agricultural clients
- The last 16 years of my career were spent at STAR Financial Bank, a regional bank; Senior Vice President, Commercial Lending. As to banking, I have been called the "go-to-guy" as it relates to various types of lending and industries. Candidly, it's not hard to get that kind of tag if you do it long enough with a lot of passion.
- Commercial banking clients included manufacturing, warehousing, trucking, automobile dealerships, retailing, restaurants, service related businesses, not-for-profit, real estate, etc.
- Heaviest involvement over my career was with manufacturing clients, some of which were financed via non-conentional forms of financing such as asset-based financing, leasing, and SBA loans (7a/504).
- During much of my career, I was actively involved in mentoring colleagues, and especially younger folks looking to gain proficiency within the industry.
- Grew up on a family farm in Wells County (IN), where we raised row-crops and hogs
- Curently, I'm an active retiree that loves to water-ski, hike, snow-ski, bike, read, invest, travel, and help (and hang with) family, friends, and relatives.. I'm easy-going, enjoy life, and am at a stage of my life where I have the time and desire to "give-back" via SCORE mentoring.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Agriculture, Farming, Fishing & Hunting
- Graduate of Southern Wells High School in 1972
- Graduate of Purdue University, West Lafayette IN, 1976
- Attended numerous marketing forums over my 42 year career