How I can help you
Unlimited Warranted Contracting Officer.
DAWIA-Level III (United States Air Force)
FAC-C Level III
FAC-C Level II
FAC-C Level I
Unlimited Warranted Contracting Officer- NIH DHHS
- SCORE Volunteer – Small Business Mentor
- Chief Executive Officer: Acquisition Leading Solutions, LLC (Federal Government Contracting)
- Chief Executive Officer: Mindful Awakening, LLC (Counseling & Coaching Private Practice)
- Co-Owner of Darby & Associates, LLC (Real Estate- Commercial & Residential Sales)
Contracting Officer 1102- NH 03
Department: United States Air Force
Agency: 6thContracting Squadron, MacDill AFB
- Support customer requirements for SOCOM, SOCCENT, JCSE and MARCENT
- Considered a functional/technical expert by others in the organization; is regularly sought out by others for advice and assistance.
- Pursues and creates certification, qualifications, and/or developmental programs and opportunities for self and others.
- Guides, motivates, and oversees the activities of individuals and teams with focus on project/program issues. Assumes ownership of processes and products, as appropriate.
- Develops, integrates, and implements solutions to diverse, highly complex problems across multiple areas and disciplines.
- Develops plans and techniques to fit new situations to improve overall program and policies. Establishes precedents in application of problem-solving techniques to enhance existing processes.
- Defines, directs, or leads highly challenging projects/programs.
- Presents briefings to obtain consensus/approval.
- Reviews and approves, or is a major contributor to/lead author of, management reports or contractual documents for external distribution. Provides inputs to policies.
- Introduces and/or implements innovative approaches to resolve unusual/difficult issues significantly impacting important policies or programs. Promotes and maintains environment of cooperation and teamwork.
- Leads and guides others in formulating and execution team plans. Sought by team members to contribute to teaming effort.
- Anticipates problems, develops sound solutions and action plans to ensure program/mission accomplishment.
- Establishes customer alliances, anticipates and fulfills customer needs, and translates customer needs to Programs/projects.
- Identifies and optimizes resources to accomplish multiple projects’/programs’ goals.
- Effectively accomplishes multiple projects’/programs’ goals within established guidelines.
Contracting Officer 1102
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
- Perform contract management functions in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and contractual agreements.
- Architect and Engineering; Design-Build, Construction, Utility type contacts
- Provide contractual guidance/direction to the contractors and/or government representatives in accordance with regulations and policies.
- Manage the disposition of contract protests, contract claims, disputes and appeals.
- Administer a variety of contract types such as: (task orders, levels of efforts, time and materials, and various cost types).
- Conduct contract negotiations with high level business, industry, and/or Government officials.
- Negotiate and/or execute contract changes, option exercises and/or contract modifications for existing contracts.
Contract Specialist 1102
Department: Department of Homeland Security
- Perform post award on assigned contracts in accordance to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Assure delivery, inspection and acceptance of contractual end items and that all administrative and reporting actions have been resolved before recommending final closeout of the contract.
- De-obligate excess funds, and assure equipment, tooling and government-furnished property is accounted for and returned
- Conduct contract administrative functions as related to DHS policies and procedures on a variety of products and services and contract types such as simplified acquisition procedures, firm-fixed priced, cost reimbursable and incentive fees etc. Obtained through
- Obtained through FAC-C Level I and FAC-C level II training at Federal Acquisition Institute learned to provide business advice to the customer and perform pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of contracting methods and types, to procure complex or diversified commodities, services, construction, or research and development
- Evaluate contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contract and ensures timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics
Administrator Szanca Solutions, Inc./FEMA Contractor
USAG Stuttgart Directorate of Plans, Training, Mobility and Security Plans and Operation Division of United States Army Headquarters Stuttgart, Germany APO AE 09107
Business Skilled Operator
George Washington University Hospital
Shalom Baranes Associates Architect Firm
Areas of Expertise
- Government & Regulations
- Professional & Business Services
Master of Science June 2020 Marriage and Family Therapy Capella University
Certified June 2016 Concept & Theories in Couple and
B.Sc. May 2011 Psychology University of Maryland University College
AA December 2007 Business Management University of Maryland University College