How I can help you
During my career, I started 10 completely-new organizations. Like many entrepreneurs, I had 7 disappointments and 2 break-evens, but I did have one home-run, growing a business into a group with over $1 billion in assets. I learned what works and what doesn't work when starting or growing a business.
I then leveraged this knowledge as an Assistant Professor of Finance and Entrepreneurship at Ithaca College. At IC, I helped students utilize my experience to develop actionable business plans in the capstone Entrepreneurship course. The course objective was to help the student build a business plan that could be a "cookbook" for the entrepreneur and his or her team, as well as a professional document that could be shared with potential investors and lenders.
Between my own career and my several-hundred students, I have seen a great variety of businesses. Unlike many business plan developers, I am a bit of a stickler for two things:
1) The entrepreneur must develop the business plan themselves as they need to understand their potential business better than anyone.
2) The numbers must make sense from a cash flow and accounting standpoint.
Let me know if I can be of assistance as you build out your business.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Real Estate, Rental & Leasing
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Professional & Business Services
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
Master of Business Administration, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA
General Management curriculum.
Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Accounting major, graduated “With Distinction.” Mathematics major, Honors College.