How I can help you
By listening and working with you to find the best path to financial success with the gifts you have been given. Through a broader evidence-based view Michael uses his background to provide quality advice through a structured planning process. By having the experience of working through each phase of the business life cycle Michael can share knowledge in the following areas:
Taking an idea and making it into a business model.
Identifying obstacles during the start-up phase.
Overcoming challenges in the growth and expansion phase.
Converting a business to a lifetime of income or giving through a sale, succession, or a multitude of other options.
Memorable “feedback moment” – One day when I was working as an auditor I had my audit manager ask me a strange question. This manager was somewhat gruff and unapproachable and he asked me if I came from a blue collar or white collar background. I said I came from a blue collar background having worked as a mechanic, plumber, and in other trades. Then he told me that he thought so! He said “You always finish a job that you start.” I was surprised that it actually sounded like a compliment coming from someone that has always been very critical.
Roles and Professions I Currently Work in:
Business Succession and Exit Planning – Strategic business planning to identify the optimal exit paths whether it may be an outright sale, internal sale, or internal succession. The process applies to the business acquisition side which includes identifying purchase options and negotiating terms in buying a business. Atlanta, GA
Roles and Professions I Have Worked in:
- Compensation and Benefits Program Implementation – Financial Services Firm, Atlanta, GA
- Corporate Lending (Asset Based) – Financial Auditor Commercial Lending, Atlanta, GA
- Tax and Accounting Services– Staff Accountant CPA Firm, Jacksonville, FL
- Accounting and Inventory Control - Computer Retail Store, Tallahassee, FL
- Automotive Mechanic – Volkswagen Dealer
- Motorcycle Mechanic - Motorcycle Shop
- Member of the GSCPA (Georgia Society of CPA's)
- Dekalb Chapter GSCPA - President
- Industry Leadership Council Member GSCPA
- SCORE Atlanta - Treasurer
- Business Networking International (BNI) Buckhead Chapter - VIce President
- Oglethorpe Presbyterian Church - Finance and Administration Committee
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Real Estate, Rental & Leasing
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Professional & Business Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
Certified Public Accountant/CPA
Florida State University B.S. Degree in Accounting
Miami Date Community College Associates Business and Finance