Lance A Thompson
My business mission: “Delivering meaningful business results aligned with strategy, culture and risks - with leadership focus on people and customers."
Overview: A results-oriented leader with entrepreneurial cross-functional and multi-industry expertise focused on significantly improving business performance aligned with business strategies, risk tolerances, and culture.
- As a Management Consultant and Corporate Controller (high technology medical industry) in the private and public sectors.
- Functional background in strategic business planning, organizational effectiveness, finance, operations, supply chain management, facilities, information systems, and R&D.
- Cross-industry experience and expertise in technology, manufacturing, financial services, retail, business consulting, distribution, transportation, energy, and others
- Practical knowledge: best business practices, enterprise models, methodologies
- Personal leadership success factors: character, competence, chemistry and commitment
- A top performer who is results and people oriented
Most recent experience and focus is on entrepreneurship and innovation. Has expertise with startup and early growth companies in all areas of the business model - significant involvement with Arizona State University (ASU) startups working with professors and accelerator companies on the commercialization of technology.
Lance mentors on Fridays between 9:00 - 1:00 at the ASU SkySong location in Scottsdale.
Areas of Expertise
MBA in Management (Finance & Accounting) and BS in Engineering (Engineering Systems): University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)