How I can help you
As a mentor or coach, I can help you improve performance in areas of: business, marketing & sales planning, improving operations, organizational development & leadership, product development, patents & licensing and forming partnerships. I also assist start-ups.
I mentor at Greater Phoenix SCORE's main office on Tuesdays and anytime by email, phone and Skype video.
During my career, I led private & public mid-size, multi-site international manufacturing and construction companies. I gained broad general management experience as a senior officer in a variety of companies serving a variety of industries & markets.
In marketing & sales I directed activities for proprietary and commodity products serving automotive, architectural, consumer, industrial, international and defense markets; directed product development of industrial and consumer products and opened and expanded international markets using partnerships, licensing and company owned operations.
In operations I implemented planning, continuous improvement, objective setting, quality & management systems and team development processes. I also negotiated acquisitions, divestitures and formation of Joint Ventures and expanded, moved, closed and built plants with proprietary processes and equipment.
- President of 3 plastic processing companies, two owned by equity capital firms.
- President of an international construction company owned by a large Japanese company.
- Sr. VP of Operations and VP of Business Development for a public company making custom materials and engineered systems.
- COO of 2 furniture companies and a Division General Manager of a public furniture company.
- Since joining SCORE in 2005, I have mentored more than 750 entrepreneurs and small business owners and am a leader of our SCORE Chapter.
Military service: Served as Captain in the US Army, commanding armor, infantry and engineer units. A decorated Vietnam veteran.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Operations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Professional & Business Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
MBA, General Management, The Amos Tuck School, Dartmouth College
BS Management Engineering, University of Vermont