How I can help you
My mentoring is focused on working with those who have already started a business and entrepreneurs whose businesses are 1-2 years old. I help business owners identify viable market segments that may yield potential customers and develop related marketing and creative business strategies aimed at determining how best to attract, acquire and retain these potential customers.
My SCORE counseling work involves:
1. Customer segmentation - how to target the right potential customers,
2. Developing a value proposition - determining why prospective customers should buy your products or services and creating a message that projects that proposition.
3. Creating tactics designed to increase the awareness of your business in the marketplace.
4. Evaluating overall business strategies to ensure that revenue opportunities and profits can be optimized.
In addition to conducting one-on-one mentoring sessions, I conducted (up until the end of 2017) interactive group workshops on how business owners can successfully promote their businesses with limited marketing budgets. In 2005 I wrote and self-published a book on successful selling techniques and sales management skills for small and mid-sized companies. I also conducted seminars and workshops at area businesses and managed two business blogs.
Please contact me if you would like to meet to explore how I could best help you grow your business. My only requirements are (1) that you have alreadt started a viable business and (2) that you have short written business and marketing strategy plans that you can email me to help me determine how best I can help you.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Professional & Business Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
Graduate of the University of Virginia, 2019 NCAA basketball champions. Go Hoos!