How I can help you
I can help you with various aspects of operations, strategy, and marketing. My professional life included over 25 years in private medical practice with extensive involvement in management. During my career, I had experience in the areas of operations, marketing, contract negotiation, equipment purchase, human resources and office leasing.
I have mentored Physical therapists, Physicians, Speech Therapists, medical billing, home health agencies, sports psychology, yoga instructors, personal trainers, scientists, medical transportation, IT companies with a common sense approach to business.
- David Rothfeld is a fellow physician so discussing with him my healthcare related business idea was a breeze. Additionally, his business acumen is clear as his recommendation even at this early stage has already been so valuable. He was attentive, patient and very friendly which made the discussion that much easier. (Healthcare business)
- David was fantastic! He reviewed my business plan beforehand, provided substantive feedback during our session and put me in touch with a bevy of other resources I need to hit the ground running with our business. (Brick and mortar business)
- David was clear and direct about our relationship and the topics he was competent in, and issues that I needed to follow-up about with other professionals. Moreover, he spoke authentically, which is a quality that I appreciate in other professionals. Finally, David referred to several other SCORE resources that I could utilize (e.g., simple steps to starting a business seminar). (Sports Psychology practice)
- My mentor(Dr. Rothfeld) gave me some great next steps and made me feel like he was committed to me long term. (Educational Consulting)
- Dr. Rothfeld was an amazing mentor. He gave very insightful and useful tips on starting a new practice.
- I would definitely recommend SCORE to someone wanting to start a small business. Our meeting was very helpful in clarifying my goals. David Rothfeld did a great job of walking me through this process.
- Dr. Rothfeld was clear; he related personal experiences; provided excellent examples to support his opinions or advice, was patient to answer my questions and seemed trustworthy.
- David Rothfeld gave the exact advice that I was looking for, made recommendations specific to my circumstances, and was very easy to talk to. He presented as a person with well-rounded expertise but did not hesitate to share when he felt he was not an expert on a topic. It was a pleasure to have had his assistance!
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Personal Services and Wellness
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- Health Care and Life Services
MBA Healthcare, 2010, The George Washington University School of Business, Washington DC
MD, 1984, The Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
MS Chemistry, 1980, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland , OH
BA Chemistry, 1980, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH