How I can help you
Experienced Community Marketing Consultant
Marketing Promotions & Multicultural Advertising
- Development of healthcare promotions, community outreach for both private and public sectors; small business, clinics and nonprofit organizations.
- Helped to craft marketing messages, creative development for print, radio & TV advertising, and point of sales promotion materials.
- Involved with developing strategic grassroots programs for public relations and community outreach and government relations.
- Maintained a working relations with food & beverage businesses and employee training.
- Developed cross-cultural training manuals and sales development for AFLAC nationwide
- HR workshops and community involvement for State Farm Insurance and PC Group/Autio Insurance firm
- Recruitment, training and placement of interpreters for Georgia Dept. of Human Resources
Tourism and Business Development Strategies
- Participated in DeKalb County of Georgia, Tourism and Visitors’ Bureau marketing enhancement program with merchants and media promotions for Stone Mountain Park, Fernbank Museum and Downtown Decatur.
- Developed promotional materials for 1996 Olympics in Atlanta for Coca-Cola bottlers nationwide.
Health and Wellness Promotion
Currently consulting with Health Care Dynamics International, based in Baltimore, MD; with a focus on problem solving with clinical practices in Puerto Rico, Florida, Texas, California and New York regarding MACRA Congressional Mandate 2016 on CMS healthcare reimbursement of payments by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, interfacing with healthcare providers, hospitals and medical schools.Involved in community health and wellness concerns with healthcare professionals in providing top-notch marketing support to underserved communities. I strategically engaged with social demographic causes and applies promotional minded programs with a collaborative approach with sponsors and media partners. Flores also has good relationships with state and county agencies and nonprofits to effective reach target audiences in need.
Market Development for Product and Service
Greatly involved with strategic marketing planning... A believer for conducting market research projects to determine consumer trends to develop marketing and advertising strategies. Written reports and supervise multiethnic focus groups in the areas of food & beverage, ethnic media, health and human services in southeast, USA. in addition, conducted cross-cultural workshops and customer service for workforce development to recuit, train and place.
1990 - 2000 Vargas Flores & Amigos; President of Hispanic Marketing & Advertising Agency (Atlanta)
2000 - 2005 Georgia Dept. of Human Resources; Program Manager-Limited English Person Compliancy
2005 - 2011 Flores Consulting Services; Managing Director
2009 - 2010 US Census Bureau- Atlanta Region;Partnership Specialist-Data & Statistics
2010 - Present Tony Flores Consulting; Relationship Marketing & Community Outreach
- NYC Community College, AAS degree in sales management, 1972
- Bernard Baruch College (CUNY) BBA degree; majored in Marketing & Advertising, 1977
- Georgia State University-completed 70 credits in MA program in Urban Affairs, 1998
- US Army, SP4 7th Army Ordinance Support Command, Germany, 1962-1964
- Georgia Life and Health Insurance license (1988-1990)
- Notary Public (NYS and GA)
Board or Advisory Membership:
- Metro Atlanta American Red Cross
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Cnter for Social Change -Advisory Committtee for MLK, Jr. Day National Parade
- Traveler’s Aid of Metro Atlanta
- Catholic Social Services
- Hughes Spalding Children’s Hospital - Advisory board
- Georgia State University – Anthropology Department Committee
- DeKalb County Education Ambassador
- Atlanta Regional Commission – Transportation Advisory Committee
- NAHREP - Atlanta Chapter
- National Image-Atlanta Chapter
- LISTA –Hispanic Information Technology
- Hispanic American Club of Palm Coast, FL - Marketing Advisor
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Government & Regulations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Marketing, Advertising and Creative Services
- Restaurants and Hospitality
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
- Health Care and Life Services
Flores graduated from Eastern District High School, plus have obtained the following degrees in sales, marketing and advertising from New York Community College - Associate Arts and Science. Bernard Baruch College (CUNY) - Bachelor Business Administration (Marketing/Advertising) and Georgia State University - Graduate School - Candidate for MS in 1998 (70 credits)
Also taken various classes in Insurance, Real Estate and Human Resources, plus diversity classes classes for HR and Federal government policy in health and human services topics; and is a certified Spanish interpreter by Georgia Dept of Human Resouces.