6:00pm - 8:00pm EDT
Improve your knowledge and efficient use of QuickBooks so you can use it as a valuable tool in managing your business and improving profitability.
Learn the basics of QuickBooks workflow while you customize your QuickBooks file to fit your own business activity.
- Shortcut your navigation habits – avoid getting lost in the software
- Edit QuickBooks preferences – to fit YOUR company
- Use Accounts Payable features – manage vendor activity / forecast cash outflow
- Use Accounts Receivable features – manage customer activity / forecast cash inflow
- Download bank and credit card transactions – automate data entry
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts – trust your accurate QB bank and credit card account balances
- Create reports – easy access to the information you need
- etc, … (you fill in your need here.)
Attend once for a first look at (or a refresher view of) the basic features of QuickBooks.
Presented by: Janet Shellenberger
Janet has been a SCORE mentor for over six years. In addition, she has donated her time as a past chapter chair.
Since 2002 she has owned and managed a tax preparation and accounting business focused on small and medium sized businesses of all types and legal structures. This includes helping businesses determine the best legal structure for them and providing the services to incorporate.
Prior to 2002 she was with with Intermedia Communications as Director and Vice President leading the Sales Operations and Finance organizations, growing the technical sales support organization from 8 to over 250 employees nationwide.
Her professional career includes fifteen years with Digital Equipment Corporation in Sales Engineering and Management. Specialties include hardware and software networking, VAX systems and software. Several years of software development - machine code, FORTRAN, COBOL, ORACLE Data Base systems; etc.
Education MBA from Florida Institute of Technology - finance and accounting focus, BS from Univ. of Mo. at Rolla in Computer Science, and Authorized IRS tax preparer.