Helpful tips of what to bring to your counseling session and what you can expect from it.
Two ways to book your appointment.
What You Should Know About Score Counseling (F.A.Q.)
To make the most of your counseling session with a ScoreJax counselor, please review the following material and bring your responses with you to your scheduled appointment. Please keep your comments brief.
- Describe the kind of business you plan to start.
- What is your level of experience/expertise in this field?
- Describe the target market you intend to serve.
- How much money will you need to open the door?
- What portion of the start-up money will you provide and from where do you intend to obtain the balance?
Here are the ways we help you:
- A Score Counselor CAN listen to your plans and through questioning, the process helps you to clarify your goals.
- A Score Counselor CAN steer you toward sources to accumulate information and data which will help you to determine the soundness of your plans.
- A Score Counselor CAN offer you written material to aid in setting up a business plan which will be the basis of your efforts to realize your goals.
- A Score Counselor CAN be supportive and offer encouragement.
- A Score Counselor CAN NOT tell you what kind of business you should try to establish. A SCORE Counselor CAN NOT give you money.
- A Score Counselor CAN NOT make decisions for you.
- A Score Counselor CAN NOT do your homework for you.
You should know that your Score Counselor will hold in strict confidence all information or discussions between you in ALL counseling sessions, including face-to-face, telephone, and email sessions.
Your Score Counselor volunteers his/her time to share their experience and knowledge with small business entrepreneurs who can benefit from such advice.
Your Score Counselor can direct you to resources that will assist you in developing a business plan that will put the pieces together before you open the door. Through your Counselor, you have access to the experience and expertise of all members of the Chapter.
Your Counselor will remain available to you for as long as you need support