If you have not created or claimed your Google Business Profile (previously Google My Business), then you should, it’s free! Over 90% of web searches are done on Google. These users are searching for a product, service, or information about a topic. Not having a GBP listing or having an unclaimed business profile can hurt you in many ways. Having inaccurate data, not being able to respond to negative reviews and not showing up below paid ads on Google Maps are just a few of the downsides. So, what are the benefits of GBP?
Here are 10 Benefits of having a Google Business Profile
- It’s free!
- Makes your business visible – GBP listings get priority on first page of local search results.
- Displays useful and correct information about your Business.
- Provides a great first impression.
- Improves SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Engage and respond to customer reviews. In fact, businesses that respond to a minimum of 25% of reviews, average up to 35% more revenue.
- Is part of your Google Profile, which included Google Maps, Google Ads and other Google Tools.
- Gain customer insight, like how customers found your listing and any actions they may have taken. Use customer insight to improve your business.
- Create a free website directly in GBP.
- Another online communication channel that can be used to help you grow your business.
Setting up your Google Business Profile is easy
Getting started on Google Business Profile is easier than you think. The first step is to sign up and verify your business. You can also use our free scan tool to see how your business data appears on Google and other directories.
4 Quick tips to Have a Great Google Business Profile
- Add relevant photos and make sure to name them properly.
- Add your Google Maps profile to your website.
- Ask for reviews and respond to all, not just positive reviews.
- Make sure all your business info listed is correct.
Editor's Note: Even if you do not have a brick-and-mortar location -- that is, you work from home or are ecommerce -- you can still have a GBP. Just select to NOT have your business show in Google Maps.
Copyright © 2023 SCORE Association, SCORE.org
Funded, in part, through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.