“Developing A Winning Business Plan” is a hands-on business plan workshop offered monthly in downtown Chicago. The half-day workshop, presented by the nonprofit business organization SCORE Chicago, costs $50.
A Business Plan is an important document for raising start-up capital, helping you to monitor progress and achieving your goals. When done correctly, it is a “living” document and tool that will help you manage the business beyond start-up. We will help you prepare a realistic plan that will document your vision, goals and strategy. No business should be started or maintained without a plan. The key is an understanding of what should be included and how to capture the reader’s interest in a concise but interesting way. In addition to developing a successful business plan, the presenters will help you understand the financial statements and how they relate to risk and performance. You’ll also be educated about the SBA qualifications and how to overcome the underwriting obstacles.
Topics Covered in This Business Plan Workshop
- Establish the information needed for a detailed Business Plan
- Create the environment of the company, product or service that will be the basis of the business plan; identify the operations, marketing approach and financial Implications
- Establish pro forma P&L statements, utilizing three revenue scenarios-aggressive, modest and slow revenue growth
- Identify the risks you’ll face within each pro forma P&L statement; select the most likely growth scenario
- Develop the expected cash flow from the chosen growth scenario, loan needs and expected payback to investors/yourself
- Prioritize your action steps, recognizing those that are absolute musts, very important and less important. In essence, you’re creating a timeline/calendar for the tasks you’ll undertake to accomplish your growth objectives
- Create your Plan and the last critical item, the Executive Summary; note – this summary must portray your view of the business opportunity as positive, enthusiastic and succinct
Presenter Aaron Lebedow
“Very informative. This workshop was definitely helpful for getting organized for my business planning”
“It was fantastic”
“Great talk. Was able to understand what I need to know to purchase a business.”
“Great stuff, just a lot of it.”
“I was intimidated at the thought of putting a business plan together. After today’s workshop I am excited to get started in the process!”
“Very informative. Well documented.”
“Every workshop I’ve attended has been very informative and thought provoking”
“Aaron presents in a way that demonstrates contact with the real world. Very caring manner. Material is made easy to understand. Great examples.
Presenter Mike Nokolich
“Mike was engaging and very informative regarding the business plan subject matter.
“Excellent workshop, very refreshing and great advice from Mike – excellent presenter.”
“Helped bring out ideas and start transforming in a concrete direction”
Create Financials Using SCORE Templates from Mark Lieberman