Most Requested Resources
Download this financial projections template to calculate your small business expenses, sales forecast, cash flow, income statement, break-even analysis & more.
Download our easy-to-use business planning, finance, sales, marketing, and management templates to help you plan for a new business or grow your existing business.
The SCORE Startup Roadmap is the perfect tool to start the journey to your new business.
- Delaware One Stop - Created by the Delaware Secretary of State, this site provides unique access to information about setting up our business in Delaware and renewing licenses.
- Delaware First Steps. - Created by the Delaware Secretary of State, this site provides and index of Delaware Business license and registration requirements as well as guides to opening a new business.
- SCORE Start-Up Roadmap - This SCORE resource consists of 12 individual modules address each aspect of your Business Plan as well as templates and check-sheets to assist. I provides thought provoking insights int determining whether your proposed business makes sense for you.
- MyMarketplace (State of Delaware) - The State of Delaware Procurement Portal is an all-inclusive site providing information on how to do procurement business with the state.
- Delaware PTAC - The Procurement Technical Assistance Center of Delaware (PTAC) offers assistance to Delaware businesses in a number of areas, such as….Free and confidential one-on-one counseling; Registration with the System Award Management(SAM); Electronic Bid Matching Service; Various vendor website registration assistance; Interpreting government solicitations; Government contract research assistance; Advice on procurement policies and trends; Assistance with contract preparation; Assistance with GSA Federal Supply Schedules; Help finding potential bidding partners; Key government and corporate buyer contacts; Identification of contract teaming and joint venture partners
- DEMEP (Delaware Manufacturing Extension Partnership ) - is a federally and state funded non-profit organization committed to helping Delaware’s manufacturers improve their global competitiveness.
- CSC (Incorporate.com) - CSC is an international corporation headquartered and founded in Delaware which provides multiple services to large and small businesses including establishing a business, Registered agent services as well as some legal and accounting services. They have established a portal for Delaware SCORE clients that provides discounted services for establishing your legal business.
- Ascent Learning Platform (SBA Sponsored) - Created by the Small Business Administration this platform has 5 'journeys' to assist entrepreneurs in understanding how to manage their business and move it to the next level.
- Delaware Division of Corporations (DE Secretary of State) - The Delaware Division of Corporations within the Secretary of State Department is the official site for forming your business in Delaware. It contains a process flow chart with appropriate live links and information on different business entity types.
- Delaware Division of Small Business: This site is provided by the State of Delaware and provides resources from across the State including governmental and nonprofit agencies dedicated to assisting and promoting small business success in Delaware. Various business event calendars are also available as well as individual contacts at the State level.
- Delaware Prosperity Partnership: Delaware’s General Assembly created this public-private partnership in 2017. they work locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally as the state’s lead resource to attract, retain and grow businesses; build a stronger entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem; and support private employers in identifying, recruiting, and developing talent in the state of Delaware.
- Office of Supplier Diversity - The Delaware Office of Supplier Diversity provides certification for veteran and minority-owned businesses. This certification may provide your business with new opportunities to do business with the State government and major businesses that are committed to assisting certified businesses.
- First State Community Loan Fund (True Access Capital) - The First State Community Loan Fund is your first stop for business loans and other assistance for entrepreneurs who do not qualify for SBA-secured loans or have poor credit.
- $tand by Me (The Delaware Financial Empowerment Partnership) - A joint project of the Delaware Office of Financial Empowerment and the United Way of Delaware, this organization offers free services with the goal of increasing personal economic security. They provide personal financial coaching, Mind over Money workshops, Financial services, post-secondary educational services, and community referrals (for debt consolidation, foreclosures assistance, free tax preparation, matched savings programs, and homeownership counseling.
- World Trade Center - Interested in taking your business global and need assistance? The World Trade Center in Delaware is dedicated to assisting businesses in doing business worldwide.
- U.S Census Bureau Economic Statistics - Searchable economic survey data including the American Community Service and American Fact Finder databases.Pre-Business Plan Evaluation Questionnaire - If you can't answer these 9 questions then you aren't ready to begin writing your business plan!
- Data Axle Reference Solutions (Formerly: Reference USA) - Reference USA includes 30 million business profiles and 220 million residential entries. It can be used for developing mailing lists and market research. This is a free service provided by the Delaware Libraries but you must be an active library member (there is no charge for this) to use any of their facilities or this online service. This web link will take you to the business reference page on the Delaware Libraries website which lists this and other business reference databases.
- Delaware Zoom Prospector: This online database powered by GIS technology includes multiple layers of data including demographic, site and building specifications, labor, and business data. It is sponsored (access is free) by the Delaware Prosperity Partnership (click for access to the site).
- SizeUpDelaware: is a free, robust business analytics tool designed to support small and medium-sized businesses in a variety of stages, from the entrepreneur looking to start their first business to a seasoned business owner looking to expand their customer base.
- Delaware Alliance for Non-Profit Advancement - Considering forming a non-profit business? The Delaware Alliance for Non-Profit Advancement (DANA) offers workshops, networking, and many other resources to assist you.
- Grant Resources:
- Candid.org- Considering obtaining a grant to help fund your business? This site is a collaboration of The Foundation Center and Guidestar provides information on funding sources as well as training and workshops on preparing grant requests. Grant funding is highly competitive, requires a detailed business plan, and is a labor-intensive experience.
- Grantwatch - This site provides access to grants and grant applications. This is a subscription service that is also available through a DANA membership.
- Public Grants Database - This searchable grants spreadsheet has been compiled by volunteers at SCORE Delaware to capture currently available grants from public corporations and other sources. These resources are not endorsed by SCORE Delaware. This document can be viewed as an Excel spreadsheet or a Google Sheet.
- Grants.Gov...A searchable database containing U.S. Government grants across multiple agencies.
- Delaware Division of Small Business Monthly Grant & Competition - This link will take you to the Delaware Division of Small Business website where they provide a list of grant and competitive funding opportunities available to small businesses in the State of Delaware
- Access to Capital Directory for Woman Entrepreneurs - A comprehensive database designed to help women entrepreneurs learn about sources of funding, including equity, loans, and grants created by Bank of America and Seneca Woman identifies hundreds of organizations providing funding for WBEs across the U.S.
- Woman's Business Enterprise Center - The Women's Business Enterprise Center (WBEC) East is an advocate for women business owners and entrepreneurs in Pennsylvania, from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia, as well as Delaware and Southern New Jersey. We believe diversity promotes innovation, opens doors, and creates partnerships that fuel the economy. That's why we provide the most relied-upon certification standard for women-owned businesses, as well as world-class entrepreneurial training and education – combined with powerful tools and networking opportunities – to help them succeed.
- Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council - The mission of Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council is to stimulate and support economic development with minority-owned businesses (Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American). While our outreach addresses both national and international entities, our primary focus area includes Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware. The council fosters the development of minority business enterprises to better align them with corporations in an effort to initiate growth and opportunity through Supplier Diversity channels.
- Business Insurance - All businesses require some type of insurance. Whether it is for property, liability, inventories, health, or regulations you will need to include insurance in your business planning process. This link will take you to the SBA information website which provides an overview of these requirements. Ask your SCORE mentor for more specific local information.
- Food Business Incubation Center - The kitchen incubator at Delaware State University (DSU) is managed by the Delaware Center for Enterprise Development in collaboration with the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM). The commercial kitchen incubator is located in the Bank of America.
- Food Business Incubation Center - The kitchen incubator at Delaware State University (DSU) is managed by the Delaware Center for Enterprise Development in collaboration with the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM). The commercial kitchen incubator is located in the Bank of America Building on DSU's Dover, Delaware campus. This non-profit offers new businesses in the food industry comprehensive services including certification in the SafeSev® food safety program and navigation of the State of Delaware HHS process for establishing a food service business. They also offer an incubator full-service kitchen available as part of the program.
- Delaware Financial Literacy Institute (The Money School) - New and existing entrepreneurs looking for start-up or working capital loans often don't realize that their personal credit status is critical for success. If your credit rating is less than pristine or you have issues managing personal finances, DFLI can provide programs and counseling that can help you regain control of your financial life. The Money School is a well-respected source of personal and low-cost financial counseling for individuals.
- Nehemiah Gateway CDCN Nehemiah Gateway Community Development Corporation (NGCDC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to provide access to financial education and services for low-to-moderate-income individuals.
- Delaware Community Foundation - The Delaware Community Foundation is a facilitator, information resource, and manager of charitable funds, the Delaware Community Foundation helps communities and philanthropists focus charitable resources for the greatest community benefit statewide. This organization is a provider of grants, primarily for nonprofit initiatives and scholarships.