Starting a small business is hard, and most entrepreneurs require skills and knowledge they just don’t have. But with the help of the business mentors of Dayton SCORE who have started and grown businesses, you can navigate the path to creating a successful business. And best of all it is free since SCORE mentors are all unpaid volunteers. In addition, SCORE can provide you with all of the resources you need to start on your entrepreneurial adventure.
Core Business Principles
The formula for successful business start-ups is built on five core business principles that help entrepreneurs identify the key elements of a successful business launch and to navigate the challenges of starting a new for-profit or non-profit business.
- Realistic Marketplace Awareness
- Marketable Business Concept
- Sustainable Business Model
- Balanced Business Infrastructure
- Scalable Business Plan
Integrated Business Performance Solutions
- Assessment counseling (Individual and group) | Schedule a free counseling session
- Mentoring services (Individual and group)
- Education workshops (Seminars, webinars, and events) | Current workshop schedule
- Valuable resources and documentation | Browse resource listings
- Professional networks and subject matter coaches
- Professional support services (Coming soon)
Road Map - Simple Steps Process
Once you and your SCORE case mentor have identified the key elements that will provide the foundation for starting your new business, you jointly put together a launch plan that can increase your potential for initial business success and long-term survival. This proven start-up plan identifies initiatives, strategies, personal responsibilities, schedules, resources, and other elements needed to get the business up and running within a manageable time frame.
- Personal Qualification (Do you have what it takes?)
- Marketplace Awareness (Marketplace analysis and marketable business concept)
- Business Feasibility (Leadership, balanced infrastructure, sustainable model)
- Top-line business performance (Front-office)
- Bottom-line business operations (Back-office)
- Launch Commitments (Decision, funding, and launch)
Schedule a FREE counseling session. Browse mentor profiles and select the right mentor for you.
Take A Workshop
Learn from the experts...browse our most current workshops, training events and webinars.
Browse these tools and find resources to help you make decisions on starting or growing your enterprise.