In this fifth and final module of the "Simple Steps for Starting Your Business" online program, you will learn about accounting and bookkeeping systems, sources of capital, the six C’s of credit, and banking relations.
You will also conduct a financial statement analysis and determine the next steps on your path to starting a business.
These courses help you test the feasibility of your idea and decide whether or not you should move forward with your business or go back to the drawing board. You'll do this by researching industry profile data, customer data, financial projections, and other information. You'll also have a sample feasibility plan to use as a guide.
Have you skipped a step in the Simple Steps program?
- Part 1: Startup Basics
- Part 2: Defining Your Business Concept
- Part 3: Developing Your Marketing Plan
- Part 4: Creating Your Financial Projections
Along with taking these online modules, contact your local chapter and determine if the in-person workshops are available in your community. At the local workshops, you will have the opportunity to learn from local experts, connect with your personal mentor for free answers to your business questions, and meet other aspiring small business owners.
And, don't forget to download the "Simple Steps for Starting Your Business" workbook for more startup information.
SCORE Volunteer Contributions
Thanks to the following SCORE volunteers who served as subject matter experts in the development of these Simple Steps for Starting Your Business eLearning modules!
- Bob Breaux - Baton Rouge Area SCORE
- Bill Gill - Charlotte SCORE
- Karl Haug - East Bay SCORE
- Patrick Ingram - Greater Phoenix SCORE
- Mort Harris & Loren Herbst - Minneapolis SCORE
- Eileen Cummings - West Palm Beach SCORE
- Tom Burgum & Lou Davenport - SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon