Prepare for Business Interruptions with Help from SCORE
SCORE is here to help small businesses be better prepared for unplanned business interruptions. We offer a variety of free resources crafted by our experts and partners to help your business prepare for natural disasters and build a more resilient community. We also have volunteer mentors with decades of experience available in your area to help you get your business back on track for the future. Through the good days, and the bad, SCORE is there for the life of your business.
Browse the resources below, and connect with a mentor today to get customized, one-on-one advice for your disaster planning and business continuity questions.
Disaster Preparedness Tools
- Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
- Tornado Preparedness Checklist
- Disaster Recovery Kit Checklist
- Evacuation Checklist
- Flood Preparedness Checklist
- Crisis Communications Planning Checklist
- Winter Weather Preparedness Checklist
- Seasonal Flu Preparedness Checklist
- Wildfire Preparedness Checklist
- Earthquake Preparedness Checklist
- Unexpected Disasters That Can Derail Small Business Success
- Disaster Recovery and Preparation Resources for Small Businesses
- Disaster Preparedness for Retail Stores
- Disasters Happen- How to Prepare Your Business and Recover (webinar)
Federal Resources & Links
SBA Disaster Resources
Get information on the Small Business Administration's disaster assistance loans, programs and resources.
DisasterAssistance.gov provides disaster relief information to individuals and businesses from the U.S. Government before, during and after a disaster. Locate over 70 forms of assistance from 17 federal agencies, apply for disaster assistance and check the progress of your applications. To apply for disaster assistance, individuals and business owners may also call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
FEMA leads the federal government's effort to provide assistance and support to states affected by natural disasters, ensuring the federal family and its public and private partners continue to provide all available resources to support state, local, and tribal communities in affected areas.
211 / United Way
Get quick, detailed information and referrals to health and human service organizations in your area.