SCORE MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
SCORE suggests that candidates for Membership meet the following guidelines. Your chapter may have specific additional requirements.
- Management, administrative, business ownership or professional business experience;
- Knowledge of contemporary business practices;
- Ability to relate to and communicate with SCORE’s diverse client base;
- Agree to complete forms necessary to maintain chapter and SCORE Association office records;
- Commit to actively participate in chapter committees, operations and programs, national and chapter counselor training programs.
SCORE Volunteers must also agree to conform to the SCORE Code of Ethics and Conduct, SCORE Association and chapter bylaws, rules and standards. Volunteers are required to annually sign the SCORE Code of Ethics and Conduct. Your chapter will provide you with a copy of these documents.
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
I understand that SCORE has a 90-day provisional period, during which I will receive orientation and training and that my full participation as a SCORE Volunteer is contingent upon my satisfactory completion of this training.
I may withdraw my membership at any time upon written notice to the chapter chair. I understand SCORE may terminate my volunteer membership, for any reason at any time, with or without cause or advance notice.
Any material developed while in SCORE belongs exclusively to the SCORE Association unless otherwise agreed to by the SCORE Association and other party.
I certify that all of the statements on this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of SCORE to afford equal opportunities to all applicants for membership on the basis of individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disabilities unrelated to SCORE membership requirements.