The goal of this workshop is to help you create a brand that not only best reflects your vision and values, but also helps you stand out and appear trustworthy to the right audience.
We provide free and confidential one-on-one business counseling by phone, email, and in-person in Columbus OH. We also conduct workshops for both start-up entrepreneurs and seasoned small business owners.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is now accepting nominations for the 2024 National Awards which recognize the achievements of small businesses and their contributions to America's economy. A business owner can self-nominate. SCORE Columbus encourages Columbus, Newark, and Central Ohio business owners to apply! Nominations are due by December 7th, 2023 at 4 PM EST. For questions or support with the nomination process, please contact email@example.com.
Award #1: Small Business Person of the YearNominees are judged using the following criteria (summary level):
- Staying power
- Growth in number of employees
- Increase in sales, net profit, and net worth in 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Response to adversity
- Contributions to community-oriented projects
Award #2: Small Business Exporter of the year
Nominees are judged using the following criteria (summary level):
- Increased sales, profit, growth, employment attributable to international sales or demonstration of resiliency during the international pandemic
- Effective or innovative solutions to export-related challenges
- Effective use of Federal and/or State government trade promotion or financing programs
- Contributions in one or more of the following areas: proactive steps to assist other U.S. small businesses and/or their community (e.g. mentoring/training/export promotion); use of bilateral or multilateral agreements in international trade; leveraging intellectual property to expand sales; and/or positive impacts of any kind resulting from selling abroad, from increases in U.S. employment, or from economic impact.
Further details and links to the nomination and other application forms can be found in the link below.
Since 1964, SCORE has educated and mentored more than 11 million small business owners and entrepreneurs. We're looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to serve in a variety of roles — from knowledgeable business mentors to local community advocates.
SCORE Columbus OH awarded Ohio District Chapter of the Year 2022
This award recognizes SCORE Columbus OH Chapter's leadership, dedication, and commitment to serving small businesses in our community. Our chapter’s innovation and business mentoring has led to this award.
New to SCORE Columbus? Start here.
Watch the video above to learn more about SCORE, SCORE Columbus and how we help small business owners and entrepreneurs.