BEACON Food Business Boot Camp is BACK on March 1!
This Bootcamp is held by New Hill, an African American led social enterprise established to build a community that is prosperous, inclusive, diverse, and equitable.
The Food Business Boot Camp, in partnership with Culinary Concepts AB, is a combination hands-on and online course designed to equip entrepreneurs with the tools needed to establish and maintain a successful business in the foodservice industry.
Over the course of eight weeks, 6-8 participants will:
1. Have kitchen time with a professional chef exploring menu options and perfecting their dishes,
2. Engage in workshops with industry professionals to grow your food business from idea or early stage to full scale implementation with topics like building your team, crafting and pricing the menu, food prep planning, food safety, food costs, and marketing,
3. Attend two 3-hour evening classes a week, and
4. Complete 2-3 hours of self-paced online activities before each workshop.
BEACON is open to Black entrepreneurs interested in starting or expanding a food business and also has:
1. Been in business for one (1) year or more, OR
2. Have completed a basic entrepreneurial training such as programs offered by Community Investment Collaborative, Central Virginia Small Business Development Center, or Catalyst.
Applications will be available until Friday, February 17.
Registration link: https://www.newhilldev.org/bootcamp